November 15, 2010

Joan...

Last week I shot Joan Collins. I can't say much other than it didn't go exactly the way I would have liked it to. It started off with her being an hour late. When she arrived in the suite, I asked her sit down on a couch in front of a large window, hoping to use the Park Avenue skyline as the backdrop. In the whopping 6 minutes she "allowed" me to shoot her, she managed to question my choice of lighting set up (twice), asked why I was shooting from such a low angle, had someone get her some water, ask to turn up the air conditioning and have her husband Quincy (who is younger than I am) check the lcd screen on my camera to see if he approved of the shot. Overall she seemed bored and generally displeased with me. Then, suddenly she jumped up and said, "I think we're done". Sorry Joan, you win the title of my least favorite "celeb" shoot in 17+ years.
Here's a link to my 6-minute cover shot.

Packing up, I picked up the cup she had used and put it in my bag. For putting me through this misery I'll wait a few years and sell it on Ebay. Perhaps some crazy Joan Collins/Dynasty fan in Iowa will give me a few bucks for it (along with a nice 8 x 10 glossy portrait, of course).




Christmas lights are already up in the 'hood. Holy Shitmas

Unhappy cute dog trapped in a bodega basement...

Very happy dog trapped in loving owner's embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment