April 3, 2012

Overthinking

I've been a bad blogger. I've been holed up in my apartment, staying up til 5:00am reading, editing, seeking inspiration and contemplating my future in this chosen life as a creative person. I'm unmotivated and have called on certain creative friends to help me with making a book or a show. I need to do something. I need a kick in the pants.

Last week I did the art crawl (searching for inspiration?) and as usual saw some beautiful things and some real "head scratchers".

Beautiful work by William Bailey


Then you have this mess by Ron Gorchov. Non-skilled, sloppy, uninteresting, lifeless. Looks like something a "special needs" person might do during art therapy class. Total bullshit.


Beautiful

I asked one of the pretentious employees clad in black (as always) how much this "piece" by Henning Bohl was and she said with a serious but annoyed tone, "That piece is fifteen thousand." I smiled, raised an eyebrow and said, "Really?" with a look that read, "Seriously? You just be fucking kidding."



Off the subject of art....
Late the other night I waited a very long time for an A train. Tired of standing, the C train came so I took it. The car was empty which I found a bit unnerving. This is a rare occurrence. I couldn't help but wonder who might step on at the next stop. A gang, a criminal, a lunatic, no one? I pulled my trusty Buck knife from my bag and held it in my front coat pocket. I shouldn't be so paranoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment