June 8, 2010

Summertime, summertime, sum sum summertime

Up on 207th Street there's an old dilapidated subway station for the 1 train. I like to go to the top of the stairs and watch the people hanging out on the corner below. The fruit stand, the old guys (out of frame) playing dominoes, the kids playing.

Not to mention another example of the curious signage here in Inwood. "DANNY'F Donut & Deli". I've never seen an apostrophe F before.
I liked the painterly quality of this image.

Three kids (and a bored mother) on a southbound A train. They were so engrossed in their Playstations. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The kid next to me (out of frame) also had a Playstation and was looking at them wondering what games they were playing.

Saturday was a beautiful day to read at Poet's Walk in Central Park.

Spring has sprung
Fall has fell
Summer's here
It's hot as hell
Actually the past few days were very warm but today was magnificent. Low 70s, no humidity with a cool breeze. I hung out with the locals down on the corner. Last Saturday around 4:30 my new friend Willy, who I photographed a week ago, was stabbed multiple times by some crazed woman who attacked him with a broken wine bottle. Right there on the very corner we all hang out on. He's now in ICU at a local hospital. Willy's in bad shape and police are looking for the woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment