September 6, 2012

Back from Virginia

Took a break to spend some time in Virginia with dad. Friday, the two of us took off on an delightful 250-mile journey. Our first stop was at Stribling Orchard in Markham, where the trees were heavy with a fresh crop of Gala apples. I wanted to take some photos as we drove along the rows of trees but it was too bright and contrasty  to make nice pictures. Though I did manage to take a few snaps with the trusty Lumix.




I took very few photos along the way but did stop a few times to shoot an abandoned building here and there. Dad was very patient with me slamming on the brakes every few miles. We stopped for a late lunch at the world famous Johnny Appleseed restaurant (connected to the Quality Inn) in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley and dined on turkey Reuben sandwiches. Beautiful weather, no traffic, a bit of bonding, what could be better?



As I headed back to the city I passed this small construction site across from the Arlington metro station. This hand printed message made me stop and turn around. After a few moments of thought, I couldn't remember doing anything for the first time in a long time. I need to work on that...


1 comment: