August 28, 2013

Rusty Homage to Pollock


Having never been a big fan of Jackson Pollock's splatter paintings, I couldn't help but compare this rust I found forming on a steel plate on 7th Ave. yesterday to one of Pollock's pieces. After opening the shots on my Mac, however, I found I actually liked the look of the rust much better. The steel had a deep beautiful bluish patina. Perhaps had he not killed himself while driving drunk, he might have stumbled across this very same steel plate in the road and been inspired. Though in actuality, he'd be just over a hundred years old about now... hey, it's possible. (Click on photo to enlarge.)




People often ask me if I'll ever have a show of my photographs. I found this quote by Bresson that perfectly sums up my feelings after I've taken a photo. Though unlike Henri, I still love the "subject of photography" very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment