January 8, 2010

Bravest man in the world




I'm always amazed at people who are extremely dedicated. Mountain climbers who scale a peak like K2 or Everest, anyone who will attempt a marathon, triathlon or iron man competition. Even runners who get up at 6:00am to go out and jog in 18 degrees. I'm impressed with people who have the discipline to practice doing scales on an instrument for hours on end. I last about 15 minutes before I toss my guitar on the couch.
The other day I took a walk over to the Hudson. It was about 19 degrees and the wind was howling. A guy pulls up in a Volvo and takes a kayak off the roof. I think to myself..."No way, he's crazy". About 15 minutes later he sets sail, or paddle. The bravest man in the world. He's probably dead. I keep looking for a report of a lost kayaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment