January 6, 2010

Owls keeping guard





Today I went across the street to get my favorite cheap Chinese food ($4.95). I worked up an appetite picking new website images and doing laundry. Mr Multi-tasker. I glanced up at the beautiful blue sky and noticed a plastic owl staring down at me. Then I spotted another, and another and another. Like a scene from Hitchcock's "The Birds" except with owls. My building has an owl keeping guard every 15 feet. I never noticed them before. This is obviously to keep pigeons away but here's a news flash...it aint working. Pigeons are everywhere. They stand next to the owls and smile at them. I've decided to open Domingo's Owl Store (if it said "Stephen's" nobody would come. Remember, this is Inwood). My new vocation..owl salesman.

No comments:

Post a Comment