January 11, 2012

New Yorkers Agree!

While home over the holidays I stopped by the cemetery to see my mother's gravestone, which I hadn't seen yet. My father picked it out and helped with the design. The stone carving people did a great job. It's simple, tasteful and mom would be proud.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she's not here anymore.


I was expecting a semi-shit storm from my last post regarding friends and family, mumbling about my negative attitude. I heard nothing from anyone. Then, friends from here in the city started calling me saying they had the EXACT same experience. They also moved here from some boring place and nobody came to visit them either. Are we all unwanted runaways that people are glad to be rid of and regret our visits? Or, are our loved ones back home just uncaring, phobic people too scared or too lazy to make the trek? Unanimously we all think the latter. My best friend since high school has never set foot in the city since I've lived here. How is that possible?

1 comment:

  1. maybe it's an age thing... when i first moved to new york everyone wanted to visit me, now that i'm older the calls for visits have dwindled.

    ReplyDelete