October 11, 2010

Interesting snaps... to me at least

Walking through Central Park I found this accordion player set up near the boat pond. I gave him a few bucks, listened to him play and took a few snaps. One of my favorite spots in the city to grab a beer and watch people on a nice day.I think I shot this on 7th Ave. Not because I like the photo but because it seems like a very strange job to stand there on the sidewalk all day with a haircut sign on your back.
I snapped this photo of an old woman working a carnival game at the Perry County Fair in Pennsylvania not long ago (with my trusty 35mm point and shoot camera). It was late and we talked briefly about working carnivals and fairs. I felt sad, thinking it might be time for her to retire. She seemed worn and fragile and done with all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment