August 28, 2012

Time to Ponder

I often think back to old friends and co-workers I haven't spoken to in many years and wonder what became of them. One particular boss I worked for when I was in my early twenties was very kind to me. I was often invited to his home, had meals with his family, and frequently helped him with home projects when asked. After I quit my job to pursue photography, I never saw nor spoke to him again. A week turned into a month, which turned into a year, which turned into decades. Often while visiting my family in Virginia I thought about taking a ride out to his home in Catlett and knocking on his door to say hello. The other night I did an extensive search on Google and found my old friend, Roger Newman. As I read the obituary dated October 2003, I unexpectedly felt the same sadness as if I had seen him recently and heard the news that he had just died. It made me realize that if there's someone from your past you feel the need to contact, you should do it sooner than later. I sat there wondering how many other friends and co-workers might have passed without me knowing it. 


A plane moving across a red sky above Inwood.


A successful day at the fruit stand.


Things could be worse for all of us.


Green wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment