November 12, 2009

Not much to say

Work has picked up. Only time will tell whether it's a fluke or actually getting back to normal. Then again, I'm a bit of a pessimist. This past week I shot 5 authors, an interior and a portrait of shoe mogul Steve Madden. All interesting jobs. Some fun, some not so much.
I haven't been doing my 6:30am "crack of dawn" shoots for awhile. I need to get back to that. I feel I've covered every inch of my neighborhood in the past few months. I need new scenery. I wish I had the balls to drag my stuff around the worst parts of Harlem or the South Bronx. I'd need to pack an Uzi in my stand bag. But, that's what it takes to get the shot nobody else will get. I play it too safe unless I'm down in Appalachia where I'm more inclined to put myself in sticky situations. Rattlesnakes seem safer to me than some drug addict with a knife.

I've been walking around looking at patterns and light on buildings. Here are a few snaps.



No comments:

Post a Comment