March 1, 2011

The Big Visit

My good friends Amber and Kelly came into town last week from Vancouver. Away from family, kids and work they did more in 5 days than most people do in a month here. They went to yoga daily, galleries, walks in Central Park, the Staten Island Ferry and nearly every store in lower Manhattan (most of them twice). They bought new clothes, new glasses and ate out every meal.
I was Pennsylvania shooting a family butchering pigs for the first two days of their visit so I missed out on some of the fun but they dragged me around for the last 3 days of their great shopping/eating extravaganza. I didn't so much shop, I'd walk into a place like Ralph Lauren and flop down and wait in what I call the "man seat". Where every guy sits while waiting on his spouse, wife or other female friend. Then it was off to the next store... a whirlwind. And, after a full day of running around, they would revitalize themselves with yet another cup of caffeine and sugary treat and start again. I didn't get home before 2:00am the whole time they were here.
They seemed to have a great time and that's all that matters. They're wonderful friends.

Long exposure of the wash-wake off the back of the ferry... like the blast from a spaceship being thrust into the darkness (okay that was a bit over the top, but you get the visual here).

No comments:

Post a Comment