March 3, 2011

Moronic Mormons

So I'm browsing the web this morning to get my fix of news from around the globe and there's a story about a star basketball player at Brigham Young University who was suspended from his team for having sex with his girlfriend. Seems that students at BYU are on some sort of honor code and you can't do that. Along with drinking and growing a beard. First off, I'm surprised that knowing this was a violation he would have ever admitted to it. And secondly, I'm amazed that the imbeciles at BYU actually think that ANYONE at the school is abiding by these stupid archaic rules. And thirdly (is thirdly a word?), I'm very surprised that his fellow teammates didn't rally to his defense and admit that they too were having sex with their girlfriends. Where's the camaraderie? (Spell check also says "comradery.")
Seems this isn't the first time for BYU either. Last year it lost players Harvey Unga and Michael Loyd for "honor code violations". One saying, "The Mormon thing wasn't for me." Gee, no shit. Who does it work for?
The whole team should just quit. Stage a walkout. What college is dumb enough to expect their students not to drink and have sex and grow beards if desired. Didn't Jesus drink wine and have a beard?

Living in the 21st century with 18th century ideals.
Those Morons..... I mean, Mormons.
No wait, I was right the first time.

Just to toss in something visual: Here's the nice view I had off the terrace while waiting on Lady Gag to let me shoot my 8 frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment