October 16, 2012

A Parasite, a Sunset and Jesus

Today as I walked south on Greene Street in Soho, a black Escalade suddenly stopped next to me in front of the lingerie store Kiki de Montparnasse. The actor Javier Bardem hopped out and bolted into the store. An employee quickly shut and locked the door and pulled the curtains. Within a minute a paparazzi photographer pulled up, jumped out of his car and stood next to the idling SUV, camera at the ready. Curious, I watched from across the street. A few minutes later the door opened and in a split second I heard the shutter clicking as Bardem bolted into the back of the Escalade.  Personally I think paparazzi photographers are the lowest form of life on the planet. Parasites feeding off the famous, hoping to get the million dollar shot. Making their living purely from invading people's privacy. I couldn't help but wonder how this "photo-stalker" knew where Bardem was so quickly and who must have tipped this guy off.


Jesus #1


Jesus #2

Jesus#3 (Is somebody trying to tell me something?)

Last bit of light, Upper West Side

Very, very last light

No comments:

Post a Comment