October 6, 2009

Airstream, it could be so much easier

Union Square farmers market
Chinatown: lychees (can I grow these?)

Yesterday I called Bank of America because I looked at my recent statement and it's charging me 13.99% APR. I spoke to a representative and was passed to another, then another, until 8 people and 3 1/2 hours later (no exaggeration) it was semi-resolved. They finally dropped it to 11.99 (big deal) BUT, they lowered my credit line to 1/3 of what it was (without telling me). I got fed up and canceled my account. I calmed down and called back a few minutes later. I got a manager and after a lengthy explanation I had it all put back to what it was before my original call. Such bullshit. Do I really need their shitty credit card?

Between publishing and photography being dead, those ridiculously high interest rates, $100+ cell phone bills, credit cards, enormous inflated rents, loud neighbors, taxes, etc. etc. etc., I'm seriously getting closer and closer to tossing my cell phone in the Hudson, leaving NYC, and living in a tent in the woods. Well, not a tent, I REALLY want an Airstream in the woods. It's as if it's calling out to me..... "Stephen, come live in the woods. Live off the grid. Embrace the simple life. Take long walks and make beautiful photos of weeds and twigs. Be like Eliot Porter. Have a little garden. Get a dog. Relax Stephen, relaaax... It's time." Oooo, listen to that Airstream luring me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment