April 25, 2011

Meatbats, real music with no additives

Once in a blue moon a band comes along that renews your faith in music. With all the CRAP out there coming from the likes of Lady Gaga and others who can't sing nor play an instrument without the aid of electronics, it's so refreshing to go see a band who can play their asses off and make your heart pound. Last night I went to the Iridium to see The Bombastic Meatbats. Headed by the drummer Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, it's a departure from his usual type of playing. This is good old fashioned fusion. I was lucky enough to sit in the front row and snapped off a bunch of shots (and video) with my little Lumix point-and-shoot camera. And, to make a great night even better, because it was Easter night and the crowd was light, they let me stay for the second set (for free), which was even better than the first.

The best time I've had listening to music in a very long time.


I was told by my waiter that this was the loudest band ever to play at the Iridium. It wasn't that bad, though my ears are still ringing a bit.... I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment